Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin's departure from public :-(
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:44:27 -0400

> >Hold on here.  That's BS.  NO ONE FORCED HIM FROM THE LUG!
> >Also, I don't know about denigrating, ridiculing, but it IS perfectly
> >appropriate to criticize, question, challenge and debate issues here, no
> >matter WHO the author is.
> >To hold someone, anyone, above that here is wrong...as far as both the
> >demigod and the people who won't allow "their" demigod to be challenged.
> >Fat chance something like that will survive on this list!
> >Austin
>

> I think the problem is with personal attacks on Erwin, not with people
> challenging his findings on Leica gear with research of their own, which
> quite honestly I don't ever remember anyone doing.
>
> Reread the original post:
>

> > Well, god has spoken.  How many people are rushing to their phones right
> >now to order a 50mm Elmar-M?
> > RS
>

> Which part of the above is criticizing, challenging and debating
> issues here?

Hi Guy,

Agreed...but don't people know that was inappropriate?  There are
inappropriate people everywhere in life.

"word of god" has anything to do with him leaving the LUG.  He has been off
the log for a LONG time now...and some mole was sending them to him (nothing
inappropriate about that, not something I'd do though...).  This recent
"Erwin's departure" is merely from him stopping his one way newsletter
mailing list.  That has NOTHING to do with the LUG.

Austin