Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin's departure from public :-(
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:48:13 -0400

At 12:34 AM 4/13/02 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:

>Hold on here.  That's BS.  NO ONE FORCED HIM FROM THE LUG!
>
>Also, I don't know about denigrating, ridiculing, but it IS perfectly
>appropriate to criticize, question, challenge and debate issues here, no
>matter WHO the author is.

Austin

And that is the exact problem.  Since the early days of the LUG, no one of
us has challenged Erwin on the issues he raises.  Every challenge, every
single blessed attack, over the past five years has been a challenge to his
integrity and character and not one single word questioning his testing
methodologies or results.

If BD and the other Erwin-baiters had chosen to contest the issues instead
of Erwin's character, we all would have benefited.  As it is, the entire
LUG has been lessened by the negativism and nastiness of these character
assaults.  They served no purpose and only make the entire forum seem cheap
and ratty.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!