Subject: [Leica] Stop sulking Erwin !
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:57:17 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 12/04/02 23:39:39 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
kenlass@gate.net a écrit :

> Erwin:
>
>  I shall miss your newsletters.  You do not know me but I have been in
>  publishing and writing most of my life -- since 1960.  I was a technical
>  editor in publications at Kodak for 25 years and the Director for ten
>  years.  Now, retired, I spend much of my time writing about photography,
>  photographers and organizing events in photography.  I admire you and
>  the articles you write.  And I have been reading about Leicas ever since
>  I bought my first M3 -- which I still have -- in 1955.
>
>  Do not let the oafs on the LUG get you down.  As a fellow editor, I know
>  all editors must have a thick skin.  There are many more of us who do
>  appreciate you and your writing than those who would disparage you.  We
>  just do not make as much noise as the critics do.
>
>  Anyone who disagrees with you or does not want to read your opinions has
>  a ready-made solution: hit the Delete Key.  Having said that, I
>  sometimes find myself a little credulous at some of the things you
>  write.  So even I do not automatically agree with everything you say.
>  But is that not what the Leica Users Group Forum is for?
>
>  Try writing this line a few times:
>
>  "I will not let anyone on the LUG upset me.
>  I will not let anyone on the LUG upset me.
>  I will not let anyone on the LUG upset me.
>  I will not let anyone on the LUG upset me.
>  ...etc."
>
>  With admiration and warm regards... Ken Lassiter, Boynton Beach, FL

All right Luggers ,
I've always enjoyed reading Erwin's posts but I'm still wondering
why he is so susceptible about the responses .
If you write something , you will always find someone thinking
you were wrong , and this is all natural .
Erwin makes me think about 14 year old teenager , sulking on
any occasion .
I met someone in my new company , about 60 year old , a dutch
born man , with the same attitude ; He has been fired since then .

One advice Erwin : drink a good beer , grab your M7 and Elmar
( very nice stuff by the way ) and go out shooting ? This will enable
you to breath fresh air ...

JO GOODTIMES
Metz / France
Email : v8pwr@aol.com