Subject: Re: [Leica] OT old macs
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:05:10 -0700

On 4/12/02 Matthew Powell  wrote:

>For the graphic designers out there - what's the 'standard' software these
>days? I learned PageMaker and still have a decent grip on it, but I've heard
>about Quark XPress and something from Macromedia.

If you want to use OS X then page layout software is pretty much owned by
Adobe's InDesign 2.0. If you want to run Quark then you have to run OS 9.2
because it's not available now for OS X and its release date isn't on the
visible horizon.

OS X is, for this guy, a fabulous system that will just keep getting better and
better. On my computers "it just *works*". No crashes, totally reliable. (this
on a 500 MHz TiBook which is my primary machine and a 450/MP/G4 which I use for
video editing and photography. I will be SOOO happy when I can run Photoshop on
OSX (and when my Nikon scanner is supported by its native software - I'm not a
Vuescan fan).

For vector editing I use Freehand - it runs just fine under OS X. I _think_ that
Adobe will also be offering FrameMaker for OS X but I'm not certain of that. It
would make sense since it worked VERY well on NeXT.

Enjoy!

Adam Bridge