Subject: [Leica] Cibas vs Digital prints
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:16:40 -0400

I have yet to see a digital print that can compare with a Ciba for
vibrancy. The same is true of C-prints. Cibas are great.

There are many downsides to Cibas, however. The chemicals are toxic
beyond the norm; you often need to make masks to handle the contrast;
reds and oranges need to be reigned in; Cibas are many times more
expenseive than c-prints or digital ones. When you work with a Ciba, you
have to wait for the print to dry to see where you're at. Add a dryer to
your expenses and time.

What you get, though, is wonderful.

From my perspective there are some downsides to c-prints and digital as
well. But that's another story.