Subject: RE: [Leica] Pricing for Photo Shoot?
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:42:37 -0600

> $200 an hour, $600 a half day, $1,000 a day + expenses
> First time North American Rights - Exclusive for One Year on
> their edit. Everything else from the shoot belongs to me.
> From this point - I negotiate.

As George says - your basic creative fee would include basic usage with the
client, and you talk to them and find out what they need (and in this case
it sounds like fairly basic usage). If you find out they need more usage,
increase your quote.

Decide on your own level of fees (for example I don't do an hourly rate
anymore - half or full day - because a one or two hour shoot tends to take
up at least half a day anyway - in fact I'm moving right away from the idea
of a day rate and moving towards a creative fee, which factors in many more
things). And remember to decide on whether your fee includes your pre and
post production work too and quote the time accordingly. In the past it
usually tended to do so, but more people are following other industries and
quoting that work separately. Especially if it includes a lot of
post-production digital time.

Georges rate look to me like the middle range for Corporate work (depends
somewhat where you are - Silicon Valley, N York or Buttf**k, Idaho....). But
don't bid yourself down and think are aren't worth charging a decent rate.

Don't know if the ASMP site or similar has any kind of help on this stuff
out there. EP is useful, but is geared towards Editorial. And there are some
good books on this.

tim