Subject: [Leica] Re: re: student discounts and college tuition
From: William Gower <w_gower@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:44:46 -0500

John Fulton wrote:

 >So, there are some students with F5s, 400 2.8s etc. They have that
 >stuff because they know they need it to compete.

A few weeks ago I was in the company of a dozen or so R.I.T. students
and there was more than a few Leica M's, Contax G's, F100's and EOS1-V's
hanging around young student necks. Which would make sense... I can't
comment on their financial situation, but these kids are obviously
serious about photography as to want the best equipment.

I fondly recall my own student days. I was dead broke 99.9% of the time
but still managed fund the "important" things in life - beer, guitars
and cameras - while foregoing less important things, such as food and
laundry. My roommate lived off  a 25lb bag of rice and a case of
powdered milk for three months just so he could afford a used '66
LesPaul. Silly bastard...half starved...I though he was going to get
scurvy.

I felt so bad I lent him 20$. Guess what he bought ?

Guitar strings !

William