Subject: RE: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:05:39 -0800

>I dont;l even see how a financially  average student can rationalize a $1500
>camera and $1000 lenses next to the Nikon at 1/2 the camera body and 1/3 the
>lens prices....
>Frank Filippone

I know plenty of students who begged, borrowed, stole, and/or took out
student loans to buy discounted Macs (which even with student discounts
costs thousands of dollars) from their university computer store, rather
than pick up less expensive PCs. And this to do basic word processing and
spread sheet stuff for which a decent PC would have been more than adequate.

Guy (who bought his first Mac [an SE] with a dot-matrix printer for about
$3000. in 1988, while still a starving student)