Subject: Re: [Leica] Recent "death of film" threads
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:26:09 -0700 (PDT)

- --- Jim Laurel <> wrote:

> Also, don't forget that there is alot of film-related
> infrastructure out
> there that has to be fully depreciated before we will see
> an industry wide
> switch to digital.
>
> --Jim
  Do you really think they care whether they screw a bunch
of franchise holders or not, so long as the equipment has
been paid for?

    But you hit the important issue.  There are four
markets.  Pro/commerciaL, Amateur/fine-art, Amateur/happy
snaps, and cheap happy snaps.

    If cell phones can be a valid example, once true mass
production hits the inexpensive digi cams, you will either
buy cheap or rent your digi, take the snaps and return for
printing and a floppy or CD.  Quality = no better than
WalMart customers will put up with.