Subject: Re: [Leica] going digital WAS full time photogs
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 07:55:00 -0700

Look at typesetting, once a powerful and dominant occupation, it's been
completely overwhelmed by electronic type. In the space of less than a
generation it went the way of buggy whips.
The main thing that bothers me is that I just know it in my bones that
industry will bug out on us. Leaving the film photographer with little
support along with eroding legal protections, as the industry won't be a
presence not only in manufacturing but also in the legislative arena.
I can see quality film going to $20 a roll, and maybe close to a $100
eventually. At those prices a Third World competition would eventually
take place with no constrains on environmental issues.
Slobodan Dimitrov