Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome 200 professional still available
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 06:46:53 -0700

Eric asked:
>>> Ouch!  So how many rolls did you push?  :)<<<<<

By the time the Olympics were over.......... probably 100! :-)

Please let me clarify before everyone goes into cardiac arrest! :-)

The original involvement with using the film in this manner was during the
Olympics and Kodak being the film sponsor encouraged some of us to use it in
this manner. Accredited photographers have their "Kodak " film processed
free!!!!!!!! ;-)

It worked so beautifully the first shoot we did after the Games were over
was an opportunity to use the same method. So it wasn't until our film came
back that we discovered Kodak charged $50.00 per roll for pushed processing
when asked in an "off the street request". :-(

Fortunately there were only 20 rolls! ;-) Client didn't bat an eye as they
were so pleased with the results. The film processing charges went on
invoice as all inclusive. They might've got twitchy if they new the
breakdown. ;-)

Bottom line is....... if the end result makes them happier than kittens
drinking milk, that's all you have to worry about. Film - process costs are
the least amount of any shoot.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant