Subject: [Leica] Standing stones
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:11:27 +0100

My fascination with Aveburys' stone circles, Silbury Hill and West Kennet
long barrow resulted in a surfeit of images so I offer these for anyone who
shares my interest. The shot inside the West Kennet burial mound was taken
by the light of a candle which some Hippie/Druid had placed there. I used a
noctilux at 30th sec at f1 about 25ft from the entrance. The candle flame
was billowing about which probably accounts for the "light bulb" look
although I didn't expect that at a 30th. Films Tri-X @400 and Agfa Vista
400. There are also some shots related to the 18th century poet William
Cowper and Morris Men, a quintessential example of English eccentricity.

Cowpers' Alcove: http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_03.html

Avebury: http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_04.html

West Kennet/Silbury Hill: http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_05.html

Morris Men: http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_02.html