Subject: Re: [Leica] Full Time Photographers
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:08:38 -0600

> > >>>     Anyone here qualify?<<<<<<

Since you made the line to step across quite thin, I suppose that my 20
something years of professional photography doesn't qualify, since I don't
actually shoot pictures for a living anymore.

I do, however spend most of my days in the process of preserving several
large collections of photography, and spend a good deal of my leisure time
shooting.  I have a small sole proprietorship for work I do outside of the
University Research Center.

Though, I must point out, that while others have brought in points about
professionalism, your posting seemed to indicate that the only criteria was
that you had to make your living 100% from photography.

Reminds me of what one of my first bosses said about that, "There are all
kinds of girls out there who work at sex full time.  Some are pros, and some
are amateurs.  You'd be surprised at how high quality the non-pro's work can
be."

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com