Subject: RE: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:35:07 +0200

>>Finally, ask yourself why about 90% of the people on this list have
>> another system, usually reflex and it's usually their primary system.
>> Later
>> Javier

<We might also ask why they went with an M at all, if they find the 15-135
<range limiting and shoot primarily with long glass.<<

<Guy

Hi Guy

This is a good question indeed! In fact after fifty years of taking pictures
I did that! Why so late. Firstly because I thought, and I still think, that
Leica was asking so much money  for something that is irrelevant to me: a
name, a brand, a external sign. Besides I was used, and again still I am, to
matrix metering, AF and al these bells and whistles so usefull when you wish
to concentrate on the subject. But finally my wife give me a M6 as a Xmas
present and after that my Leica material increased  a lot as I found that
quality, besides name and fame, was really present. Pictures with M lenses
are, technically speaking, the best I've got in my life. But with my Canon
EOS 1V, among others, I have lenses from 14mm to 800 mm and this is really
usefull and comfortable. By the way optically the output is perhaps not so
good but not really much worse specially with L lenses.

Kind regards

Felix

PS These bells and whistles so worthless as AE became miraculously great
when Leica adopts them!