Subject: [Leica] FS: Black Paint Cosina Voigtlander M mount Bessa R2
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:42:45 -0800

my 1st shipment of black Bessa R2's will arrive in the next week or so.  Olive
R2's should arrive next month.

The R2  amounts to the Bessa R with an M mount, able to take the T trigger
winder, with brass top, bottom and back.   The new covers give the camera a much
different feeling than the plastic bodied R,  now it feels much like a classic
camera of the 60's.  I never would have thought just changing the covers to
brass would make that much difference,  but it does.  While the R2  has the same
shutter as the L, T, or R,  the more substantial R2 body quiets the shutter
sound a bit, though of course it is still much louder than a Leica M.
1-1/2000th,  sync 1/125th.   manually selected 35, 50, 75, 90 framelines. the R2
is intended for the standard black anodized T trigger winder -- matching black
and olive paint winders will not be made like those for the 101 Heliar set.

You can search the LUG archives for more info, or see
http://cameraquest.com/voigtBR2.htm

At $525 + shipping  for a new TTL M body,  and a finder and RF as bright as the
M6, I think the R2 will become the standard entry level M camera.  the early
problems of R rangefinder alignment seem to be solved in later R's,  so the R2
will probably give little problem in that regard.  10 day return after receipt,
providing it is returned in EXACTLY the same condition as shipped.  Gray market,
one year parts and labor CameraQuest warranty, you pay shipping.

Also taking orders for the last run of 101 Heliar sets, production expected in
May.  $850 for the body sets, 101 body, 50/3.5 Heliar, screw mount to M adapter,
presentation box, 50 brightline finder, your choice of Navy Blue, Black, Olive,
or Grey.  Matching color winders $200.

Please email me off list to order.

Thanks,

Stephen Gandy