Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographing x-ray film - how to?
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:47:12 -0800

To: Tina Manley

Tina, your recommendations below were perfect! To shoot my client's
radiology textbooks' photographs and text, I set up my copy stand, laid my
L-508 meter flat on the stand, and got an incident reading with the cone
out. With my R8 set at manual metering, I got perfect exposures. Regarding
the MRI and CT film, the former was suboptimal in that it was essentially
gray (less than perfect MR technician technique?) while the latter was
wonderfully contrasty. I switched my R8 to aperture priority, kept it on
matrix metering, and again got perfect exposures in both cases. This was the
zillionth time the R8's matrix metering has astounded me! I've had Nikon F5
users brag that that body's metering has no competition, but when I've shown
them  results I've obtained with my R8 they've stopped boasting. Bravo,
Solms!!!! By the way, the Agfa Scala is incredible. I pulled it one stop to
ISO 100 per Agfa's recommendation and got exactly what they said I would.

Thanks, again, Tina:

Terry

Replies: Reply from Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net> (Re: [Leica] Photographing x-ray film - how to?)