Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:33:10 -0800

Javier Perez wrote:

>[snip some stuff about M cameras that I totally disagree with]
>

>The whole
>thing
>is a joke really.

It's not a joke, it's a camera system! Duh, somebody needs to send you
some brochures or something. Have you, by the way, ever seen a photo
taken with an M camera and lens? They are sometimes pretty good!

>The M series is now as limited as it
>is irrelevant.

It has always been limited, just as every other camera system has always
been and will always be (if a system were unlimited, where you put all
of the parts? Can you imagine how thick the brochures would be?). But
the Leica M has _never_ been irrelevant, except maybe to you and a few
others who have not yet figured out the true value of simplicity and
precision optics. Good thing they make the N80 for you guys ;)

>Sorry

Don't worry, it's OK - we cannot all understand everything. I, for
example, cannot understand why somebody walks into a room full of jazz
lovers and says emphatically that jazz is irrelevant...

Leica rangefinders are incredible cameras with incredible lenses and
they are capable of facilitating the capture of incredible images. They
are not unique in this, but they are certainly a standout.

- - marc