Subject: [Leica] Re: M7 heaven and fast work: the Hexar RF alternative
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:39:44 +0800

>From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-)
>Ted
>What you have described reminds me of the experiences that I have with my
>Hexar RF. The AE really catches those pics and brings the bacon home. You
>will find that frame after frame is so evenly  exposed that you will have
>little need for exposure adjustment throughout the whole roll in the darkroom.
>I am still using my Hexar and wait patiently for the price of the M7 to
>drop.....
>Dan K.
>At 11:34 PM 4/3/02 -0800, Ted wrote:
>  >M7 heaven! :-)
>  >Well OK maybe a bit of an exaggeration, however, it is very nice to work
>>with. Mine arrived this a.m. as planned, as she who must be obeyed was out
>  >doing her thing! ;-)
>  >So far I've popped a roll through it and will soup in the morning, the
>>handling doesn't feel any different than an M6. But the, I hate to use the
>>term "AE auto mode" for exposure ....... but it's very interesting and I
>  >already know it's going to become a dream machine for fast work.

Ted, Congratulations on your M7! May you shoot many memorable (and
profitable) pictures with it. I just want to second Dan's comments
(hello Dan how are things in S'pore?) above about the ease and speed
of using the AE (lock) exposure mode on the Hexar RF together with
(in my case) a Tri Elmar. That way you get three focal lengths at the
twist of the lens barrel together with the speed of a motor drive.
Fantastic! For myself, I will wait for the M7 0.58 viewfinder model
and then jump in, but for the moment, the Hexar is a very viable
alternative if, as a glasses wearer, you need the wide angle
viewfinder to see the 28mm frame lines. When I am visiting the Island
or Vancouver this summer, I will put my Hexar combination in your
hand! Anyway, have fun with the M7. Will you add a winder - either
from Tom or the Leica motor winder?
Cheers,
Howard.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: M7 heaven and fast work: the Hexar RF alternative)