Subject: [Leica] Air Tight container for my Leicas?
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:15:37 -0800

I'm trying to build an air tight container in order to preserve my Leicas.
I was thinking of building a sealed plexiglass tank and then installing a
nozzle and then getting a vacuum with a hose to suck the air out.

My thinking is that with no air exposure, the M6 would last virtually
forever. This way, someone 1000 years from now could still use it. Would
they have to get a CLA or rangefinder alignment though? Does anyone know
what the Leica M repair facilities are? I'd like to include a list of these
facilities in the air tight container.

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Air Tight container for my Leicas?)
Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Air Tight container for my Leicas?)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Air Tight container for my Leicas?)