Subject: RE: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:28:48 -0500

Franklin <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > >     That is because the mass market is not to
> > photographers
> > > but wannabe's
> >
> > May be not very good ones, but they're STILL
> > photographers...
> >
> > Austin
>
>   Do you place yourself in the mass market?  Did your last
> roll of 24 exp. start with pictures of Chrismas, than
> Easter, little leagues, Halloween, and end with more
> Christmas?
>     Or perhaps sit in a drawer or closet unused.

Hi M. Photo,

What does any of that have to do with wither one is a photographer or not?
People can use mass market cameras, and still be photographers, consuming
far more film than you or I do with pictures of their children, pets,
grandma drooling etc.

>     Try a sabbatical and work retail for a year......

I have had many sabbaticals, and enjoyed them all, and I never worked or
will ever work "retail".  But, again, what does that have to do with whether
one is a photographer or not?  I guess we're on different channels here ;-)

Austin