Subject: [Leica] wk 13 Jonathan's paw
From: "Jonathan" <kottjn@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:44:49 +0800

Thanks for the critiques for my wk12!

I have narrowed wk13 down to one photo:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=670652

This photo is from a small coal mining town almost to Fubei province.
This man is a boat driver. I met him in this small town, He was just wandering around the old, soon to be underwater part of town.
The new town is 2 kilometers away. The old part of town is already vacated except for a small eatery and lodge that is more like a jail or dungeon at about 55 US cents per night.
This was the most depressing part of our trip because the blackness of coal was everywhere, the natural beauty we had been hiking along was destroyed at this point. So we just could'nt wait to leave! So we got tickets for the night boat to a town downriver about 2.5 hours.
Anyway this fellow warned us that the ticket seller was a bad guy and we should stay the night and take the noon boat the next day. He was right! The ticket seller overcharged us 33 US cents, the boat was 3 hours late,  and the town downriver was not much better...Because we had left Sichuan/QongQing province.

Jonathan

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] wk 13 Jonathan's paw)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] wk 13 Jonathan's paw)