Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V22 #131
From: "Dave Ide" <daveide@photographicmagic.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:55:43 -1000

> > Do you have any idea what these voltages are?
> >
> > I had heard that the change to low voltage occurred many years ago. Does
> > anybody on this list have a serial number where the change occurred?

Sir
Old flashes used main cap voltage in the trigger circuit.
The main cap voltage could be between 250 volts and 600+ volts.
That much voltage when run into a 3 or 6 volt camera could cause
small burnouts. Fried ,smoked ,burnt up low voltage ICs.
So the new style flashes use just a few low amp volts in the
trigger circuit.
To test for high or low voltage , meter from the center contact to the
ground contact in the groove of the foot when the flash is fully charged.

You can not tell by looking at where it was made or the serial number or
any other method, other than testing. The repair parts for the old flashes
have china on them and new numbers.

To every one on this list , Please Edit , Edit , Edit
I get the same message over and over ,again and again.
When you reply , please delete everything that is not necessary.

Aloha
Dave the camera repair guy