Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WAS: The Canon Challenge [Macro-Micro Stuff]! no brainer!
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:13:39 -0800 (pst)

Allan sez:

>I know I've never seen a tint caused by a lens.

Consider yourself lucky. I once had a 90mm Summicron R lens that needed a CC 05 M filter to match my other Leica R lenses (50, 135, 180) in color rendition. A sharp lens, but I got rid of it for that reason.

I really don't understand the My Leica/Nikon/Canon Lens Is As Good/Better Than Your Leica/Nikon/Canon Lens discussions. Is this required to validate our purchases? Make an informed decision and use the tool that works for you. Hopefully your photographic abilities develop to the point where they surpass the capabilities of your equipment. Then go on from there and upgrade if necessary. However, you may find that when you arrive at that place image content becomes more important to you and concerns over equipment become less important . Who knows? It could happen.

Robert