Subject: Re: [Leica] open wide
From: "Andrew Touchon" <atouchon@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 11:25:08 -0500

The multi coated Takumars are inscribed "Super-Multi-Coated, or "SMC" on the
front of the lens.  If the lens is just described as a super takumar, it is
not multi coated. FYI I have a 50mm F4 Super-Multi-Coated Macro Takumar that
I have been using for approximately 25 years.  I last used it two weeks ago
and It still works great. There are two different versions of 50mm macro
Takumars.  The 50mm F4 SMC Macro Takumar has a fully automatic diaphragm and
therefore can be used just like any other Super- Takumar lens.  The
Macro-Takumar, (not SMC), has a preset diaphragm ring that has to be
manually set.  The 100mm Bellows Takumar has no focusing ring, and is used
only with a bellows unit. It is not multi-coated.