Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WAS:The Canon Challenge [Macro-Micro Stuff]! no brainer!
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:01:51 -0600

allan@sohogurus.net (Allan Wafkowski)3/29/023:39 PM

> I know I've never seen a tint
> caused by a lens.

This statement is absolutely false.
As I slowly built-up my Hasselblad system I slowly replaced all
my 500c series lenses with later T* lenses. And midway did a job
using the 40mm T*, 80mm T* and 150mm (non T*) using 4 rolls of
Ektachrome, same emulsion number, same E-6 run at the lab. The
non T* 150mm was at least 20-30 yellow from the T* glass.
Needless to say I purchased a T* 150 lens before the next job.
Likewise for my view camera glass - all the Schneiders are of
more or less the same vintage and will offer very close color.
The 180 Nikon is definitely cooler. One of the reasons I dumped
the Nikon 35 gear is that it did not color match the Leica M
gear. If you're working on commercial assignments, you'll find it
very difficult to convince the art director why the variation in
color from lens to lens exists. Been there - no fun.

George

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: WAS:The Canon Challenge [Macro-Micro Stuff]! no brainer!)