Subject: [Leica] WAS:The Canon Challenge [Macro-Micro Stuff]! no brainer!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:36:03 -0800

too, but a single slide is hardly a significant test.  A track record of
performance under the conditions I work with tells me if a lens is worth the
money or not.<<<<

Hi Doug,
Save yer time lad, this "challenge is a no brainer" and complete waste of
your important time, which would be better spent doing what you do so
beautifully, capturing elements of Mother Nature.

We've seen these kinds of dumb ass challenges arrive on the screen over the
years and nothing can be proven unless the lenses are used at exactly the
same moment, same place, same subject etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell it would be much faster to ship the two lenses to Erwin, let him do his
thing or some reputable lens testing company and let them knock themselves
out doing the techie stuff. Which inturn wont prove anything other than
........ you are happy with your lens and the other guy is happy with his!
Game over and never the twain shall meet in equal harmony. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant