Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanners (yet again)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:34:59 -0500

No.  Your web images will be viewed at 72-100 PPI on the screen.  Depending
on the size of the original, and the size you want your web image to be
displayed will determine your scanning resolution.  To scan a 4x6 and have
it displayed at 4x6 on the web page, you should scan at 100 SPI (SPI is
Samples Per Inch, typically (mistakenly) referred to as Dots Per Inch, or
Pixels Per Inch).  I think you can do the arithmetic from there.

Austin