Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners (yet again)
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:00:21 -0600

I would have replied, but I don't have much experience with the scanner in
question.

I'd suggest this, take a print to the scanner dealer, and a zip disk, and
see if he'll let you try a couple of scans with it.  This won't work at a
Wal-Mart, but a Comp USA, Office depot or Best Buy or the like usually has
some scanners hooked up, and will usually let you try them out.  See what
you think.

I personally enjoy the power of my bigole Microtek 9600 XL with the tabloid
sized flatbed.

The nice thing about a high rez scanner is that you can scan portions of old
pics at a very high resolution and make good enlargements from them.

I do have a low end scanner as well that I use for faxes, and the like, but
it just doesn't have the umph for photography.

As I said, I'd try it before I even spent the $100.  You just might be real
happy with the result.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com