Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW week 13
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:16:44 -0600

Don:

Thanks for the compliments.

>What did you do different between the main and the first alternate?  The
>main has a nice tonality with smooth tones and the first alternate is just a
>shade harsh(I ask because neo 1600 does that to me as well).

I envisioned alt 1 as more of a "high key" image.  That's what I wanted.  So
that's what I exposed for.  I scanned for that, too, and then adjusted the
curves to give it a bit of a harsh edge.  I actually backed off the amount
of contrast I originally had.  :)

Midtones?  There aren't any!  :)  If you actually want midtones, give it a
little less exposure.  I could probably get some--but not like in the main
pic--midtones out of this one if I rescanned, as well.  When I scanned, I
scanned so that it was biased toward the highlights.

Similar story for alt 2, but not quite to the same extreme.  It actually has
some midtones.  Just that the highlights are still dominant.

Eric

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW week 13)