Subject: [Leica] re: cri de cour
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:00:54 -0500

>One of my colleagues recently underwent a mastectomy and will
>commence intensive chemotherapy on Monday.  A few days ago she asked
>me whether I would be willing to come to her house  on Thursday to
>photograph her while she still resembles "the person I imagine
>myself to be."    Of course I agreed to do so, but I confess that I
>am anxious about this beyond speech.  I am an *amateur*
>photographer, nothing more, nothing less, and much as I'd like to
>think otherwise, I know that nothing has ever really been at stake
>in the images that I make.

i'd say the best advice i can think of is window light. you can't go wrong
with it. get her relaxed, have her stand or sit by a nice window, use your
50 or 75, maybe some with the 35, use a wide aperture, focus on the eyes.
remember the serene moments. and do shoot black and white.

kc

Replies: Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] re: cri de cour)