Subject: Re: [Leica] suggestion on PAW
From: Jeffery Smith <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:18:07 -0600

PAW is to help you and us improve our photography. The worse you are, the
more you will get out of it. But if criticism of your work is likely to
frustrate or dishearten you, I'd hate to tell you to do it. Most comments
are constructive. You have to learn to ignore those comments that attack
you as a person instead of critiquing the photograph. The LUG is a good
place to post PAW announcements, as it is a "user" group. The LEG is an
"enthusiast" group with some members who do not wish to discuss images; I
no longer post announcements there. I rarely post them on the StreetPhoto
group as that group has some very critical folks (none of whom ever post
any photographs) whose comments to me have largely been insults. Venture
there if you have only the thickest of skin.

Consider signing up for the PAW group at Topica.com as well as SeePhoto and
the MUG.

Jeffery Smith