Subject: Re: [Leica] cri de coeur
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:11:32 -0500

I agree as to the B&W.  I would make this a long morning or afternoon
project where you come to her home, have some tea or wine, discuss her fears
and hopes, find out what is important to her.  Are there any
children/grandchildren, how about any husband or partner?

From these discussions you will know whether to use a tele or a wide or
both, you will know whether to use her living quarters or garden or even
possibly a favorite restaurant.

Think back to all the portraits you have seen; which ones style would most
reflect your friend?  Just keep in mind the basics; focus on her eyes, shoot
from the dark side, shoot from her eye level.  I even like the idea of a
tripod to slow down the affair.

I hope this helps.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com