Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom Question
From: "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:33:36 -0600

I have never used stop bath for negs since Schwalberg, Mike Tatem ,and
the other "thin-film" gurus of the 50's suggested the acid might react
creating bubbles thus damaging the film.

I use distilled water for the developer, water rinse before fixing,
distilled water to mix fixer, distilled water to wash film (use the
Ilford three-bath procedure, and distilled water with anti-static rinse.
Dry in air filtered cabinet at room temperature.  Result is very little
chance for pin holes or foreign matter on the negs.