Subject: Re: [Leica] how to lie with a camera...
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:38:44 -0800

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> so ... as to photoshop ... it's a new world where pictures don't mean what
> they used to, but i think it is a logical progression....
>
> kc

Photoshop is nothing in itself but is the person who uses it that can lie or
not. As always happened, and Kyle pointed out clearly when speaking of just
a camera.
Almost all, if not all, of the Photoshop tools are based on and were created
upon tools used many time ago.
The difference between those old tools and the newer ?
Just the ease to get some results quicker, as Tina said a couple of days
ago.
Maybe, we should discuss - it's not that I'm willing to do it - that that
ease of doing things is a great temptation when one has nothing to express,
nothing to say or doesn't get any message to tell and then relies on tools
to create some "special" effect. By the way, a very nonsense in itself since
messages will not come thanks to the use of tools.
We very well know lots of movies containing that boring stuff.

Getting back to that dog image that was intended to seem a painting I'd like
to add that it was so obvious how the filter was applied that besides the
original image was boring or not it became quiet boring.

Well, I'm very sorry to express myself in this short English but what can I
do ? Maybe someone prefers me to post in Spanish and get a translator.

Saludos
- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com