Subject: [Leica] Leica camping
From: Stasys Petravicius <stasys1@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:42:59 -0800

Hi all- Decided to get away from the computer for a few days. Went camping
to Big Sur (300 miles north of Los Angeles) with the Santa Monica College
photo dept. students- about 70 of us.

Equip. used was 2 R4's with a 60 macro, a 24 2.8, and a 28-70 zoom, a Nikon
F3HP with a 24, 50-300 zoom and a 500 mirror, and a Pentax 67 with a 45 and
75 mm. Subject shot was seascape and " leaves and twigs". I sure is nice to
get out of civilization for a few days- you don't know what you miss by
staying in the city.

Shot 16 rolls- Velvia, Scala, Tri-X, Plus-X, Agfacolor and Fujicolor.

Equip worked well-but, I'm needing service on all my Leica cameras-the
controls are all stiff- and my R5 is still broke. The lenses used were
flawless.

Can't wait to process/get processed so I can do some printing. The Velvia
will be used in my Ilfochrome printing class.

ps- I didn't even think of titanium finishes or expensive scotch- drank
beer- some of the faculty drank expensive port. Stasys