Subject: [Leica] Polarizing filters on older Telyts
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:42:24 -0800

I want to get circular polarizing filters for my R lenses for my upcoming (I
hope) road trip.  The 280mm f/4.8 and 400mm f/6.8 Telyts have provision for
a Series VII filter in a slot near the lens mount, but rotating this filter
to get the desired effect seems impractical.  I also have Series VIII filter
holders for the front of the lenses.  Does anyone have any practical
experience using polarizing filters with these lenses?  Should I just stick
with the shorter lenses when using polarizing filters?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com