Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW/wk12/sl
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:42:29 -0500

Steve, I take exception to your comments to Eric who took exception to
your less-than-well-focused Ted Turner shot, former husband to Jane
Fonda, daughter of deceased actor Henry Fonda, who made his last movie
with his daughter Jane, and thus paved the way to family harmony on his
deathbed.

How so, you ask? Well, I just reread what you said to Eric, and it now
seems as if I don't really have an issue with you at all. But I do with
Eric.

Eric, Steve's shot was a candid portrait--in this case, a candid
celebrity portrait. Portraits, candid portraits, and candid celebrity
portraits are well accepted forms of photography. I like Steve's Ted
Turner. It divulges something about the man that a few here have
expressed surprise about. Steve has shown us something about Turner that
we didn't know. That's good portrait work.

Allan