Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Single Malt Scotch--shortage of Lagavullin!!!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:45:00 -0500

At 03:40 PM 3/22/02 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:

>Roanoke, is that where "Dualing Banjos" was written?

We normally do not double-up our banjoes around here, Jim.  Just one at a
time.  Though I have seen Roy Clark slip from Banjo to Guitar to Lute to
Mandolin without missing a beat, on several occasions.  A neat guy with a
great crowd attitude.

The corn likker around here is awful -- Southside Virginia is the Moonshine
Capitol of the World but, all in all, they produce a horrid product.  (They
cut it with kerosene and the taste comes through.)  Now, up north a ways,
in the heart of the Shenandoah, the farmers are a bit more conscientious,
and their squeezin's are delectable -- drink the stuff all night, and you
wake up the next day with a song in your heart and never a hangover will
you have.  But these guys don't sell it:  it is made for home consumption
and, being illegal as daylights, you have to be part of the Inner Sanctum
to ever get to taste any.  I have done so, and it is great, but my last
source died twenty years back and I still occasionally try to make friends
with some of these guys, just in the hopes ...

If you travel north of your benighted realms, Jim, up to Real California,
north of Santa Rosa, you can find the same.  But, then, you have to KNOW
someone to get any.  My Dad used to work Asti as a gauger and, while HE was
teetotal, he did bring some magnificent stuff home!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Single Malt Scotch--shortage of Lagavullin!!!)