Subject: Re: [Leica] Minimum focusing distance of pre-asph 35 Summilux
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:41:51 -0600

>--- Don Dory <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>  My late production focuses to just less that 36".  The
>>  one with eyes for the
>>  M3 focuses to something like 26"
>>
>>  Don
>>  dorysrus@mindspring.com
>=

Photo Phreak said....

>     I believe they will actually focus closer, but you msut
>use a rule rather than the rangefinder.

Hi PP--
I don't know what you mean. I have that lens and believe me I cannot
think of a rule that would allow it to focus closer. Mine focuses
down to (maybe) 36". The focus ring then stops at that point.
It's the one thing that I truly dislike about that lens.
Other than that a fine lens.
John Fulton
Fort Worth