Subject: RE: [Leica] Soft filter for 90 Elmarit...
From: "Robin's Nest Photography" <robinsnes@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:08:42 -0500

There are two ways to do this.
1. Buy a step up ring...works great. Use the filter on all of your lenses
and camera this way.
2. Go to your local fabric store. Buy a piece of black netting and attached
it over the lens with a rubber band. I know this is not too high-tech but it
does the job very well. When you consider the difference in cost - less than
$.10 vs. $200 plus for filter and rings it is really a no-brainer unless you
like to spend lots of money. Actually, you can buy several types of BLACK
netting if you feel you are not spending enough. Get colored rubber bands or
have a custom made gold ring fabricated to hold your $.10 filter. In fact,
the netting works as well or better than the softar. Remember...aperture is
the key. Don't let the propaganda from Zeiss fool you...that softar is not
the same at all apertures and be sure to give at least one stop extra
exposure for the softar. Obviously you will have to give additional exposure
for the netting, but black is absolutely the best for more reasons than I
have time to discuss. Others on the LUG can probably inform you
about more options.
Good luck,
Roger

pet05.jpg (10752 bytes) <http://www.robinsnestphotography.com/>  Roger