Subject: Re: [Leica] Super Angulon
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:13:11 -0500

The 21 SA you speak of is an outstanding lens.  Currently it is overshadowed
by the new 21ASPH which is faster, sharper, and many more dollars.  On the
less expensive side the 21 from C/V is possibly better, meters on an M6 and
is less expensive: I saw a used one for $200 last week.

So I think that the SA is sliding into oblivion as the one thing it does
better, very low distortion, is not very important to most non-architectural
photographers.

To sort of answer your question, the going price range for decent 21SA's
seems to fall into the 900-1200 range.  If the barrel is marked pretty badly
then I would negotiate down to the 750-825 range.  Your bargaining points
are no metering on the M6, hard use, old lens, fading from the scene.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com