Subject: [Leica] Regarding Gerry Smith @ Kindermann Canada
From: Spencer Cheng <spencer@aotera.org>
Date: 19 Mar 2002 17:20:58 -0500

I met with Gerry Smith yesterday to discuss some repairs to my in-law's
SL and asked him about his pending retirement. Gerry mentioned that
while he wouldn't mind retiring, he is not quite ready for retirement.
He is also surprised by the rumour as I am the 3rd person to mention his
potential retirement to him in the last month. So all you North American
LTM fans can rest peacefully for a few more years yet. :-)

Spencer

PS. His turn around is very good. I dropped the cameras off at
Kindermann on Friday afternoon when I arrived in Toronto. He and his
staff had a look at both the cameras and the 3 lens by Monday morning
when I had to leave Toronto.