Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:28:36 -0800

I did this series in the mid 80's.
http://www.markrabiner.com/Catagorypages/ScooterPage.html

Quite a change for me.
I may have been getting known for shooting girls on the seamless white backdrop.
This showed i could do location jobs.
And other sexes.

This was all Plus x, 220 or 70mm in Rabinal. (an MQ developer) With a
Vivitar 283 or 5 hand held twinkie light on the side.
I used a tripod for the Hasselblad elm camera though.

Last week i found an "old man" with a white beard and a white Vespa who
is willing to do a shoot on his Vespa.

I'd love to get Mt. st. Helens in the background.

But for that I'd like other people in paper jump suits for some reason.

I rode a Vespa once all winter the winder of 81.

I rode over the Burnside bridge in a hale storm screaming at the top of
my lungs for my life.
Just last week i did it in a HUGE hale storm with lightning bolts like
I've never seen in a Buick!

I survived that Vespa. The people who stole it saved my life i often
feel with gratitude.

Next time it will be a small BMW bike. And stay off the highway.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com