Subject: Re: [Leica] David Bailey--a dissenting voice
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:15:30 -0800 (pst)

I believe David Bailey was an iconographic image maker of the 60's in the areas of portraiture and fashion. His use of wide angle lenses and innovative composition was a reflection of the times-tearing down the formalist boundaries. Kicking out the jams and being in the moment. Some of it may seem a bit dated now, but a particular time, place and people were chronicled in his work in a unique way that has lasting value.

Birth of the Cool. A good title but Miles owns it. For what it's worth, I once met Bailey in a Paris hotel. Introduced by a friend, we talked for awhile. An intense, brash and witty guy.

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] David Bailey--a dissenting voice)