Subject: [Leica] road trip!
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:40:02 -0800

for the first time in nearly 15 years I'm planning a road trip BY MYSELF to
visit friends & family in illinois and wisconsin.  My itinerary is flexible
and devoted to photography!  The trip is scheduled for mid-june and I want
to hit any and all areas with good opportunites for wildlife photos.

I haven't yet decided on a route; it may be southerly through AZ & NM or
northerly through UT & WY.  ANY suggestions will be considered, serious
suggestions will be given serious consideration.

The things that are important to me are access to any birds or mammals I
don't have decent photos of, and avoiding big cities.  Accomodations will be
packed in my van; anywhere I can put a sleeping bag down is fine with me.  I
also want to keep track of places where I can re-stock with K64 or Provia.

So far, Antelope Island in Utah and Yellowstone NP are high on the list (so
much for avoiding big cities) as is Lamoille Canyon and the Ruby Mountains
near Elko, Nevada.  Springs that draw wildlife in AZ would be great too, and
there have got to be some good parks in the Colorado rockies.  Wildlife that
has become accustomed to people is easiest to work with.  I humbly await
your suggestions.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com