Subject: Re: [Leica] David Bailey -- a dissenting voice
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:58:47 +0100

This is what I feel about e.g. Jim Marshall.

On the other hand, I would be a happy amateur photographer if I could
achieve the same quality in my own pictures from my own, private
environment. Instead of celebreties I would create photos of my friends,
colleques, with little meaning to the world, but some importance for my
friends and me. The intriguing thing with Jim Marshall is that his work
looks so simple, achieved without a fortune worth of equipment or a
studio.

Yes, I could do the same with my small bag of Leica gear, if I had a tad
more of talent.

HP

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] David Bailey -- a dissenting voice)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] David Bailey -- a dissenting voice)