Subject: [Leica] PAM Britar
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:55:31 -0500

I recently picked up a lot of Leica gear on e-Bay.  Among this stuff was a
4.5/105mm PAM Britar, a rather mysterious US-made LTM lens about which very
little is know.  With the lens came its 4" auxiliary viewfinder, in box --
and, on the box, it identified the manufacturer as "Photographic Arts
Manufacturing Corporation, 45 West 19th Street, New York, New York".  I've
never heard of this company before but it IS nice to have the "PAM"
decyphered.  Bob Pins has long opined that the Britar was to be the
long-focus lens for the civilian Kardon camera, and this is made a bit more
likely by the box's inscription "Leica or Kardon".

Does anyone else know anything else about this company or any other
products it might have made?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!