Subject: Re: [Leica]Suffering & the Rangefinder
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:51:05 -0800

Once the reality's imprimatur is set, anyone can go.
Suffering has always been a pastime and a commodity.
One of my favorite bookstore's is the one found at the Getty Museum in
Los Angeles. I always find the most tantalizing works, too long to list
for now, but
the following bears a mention.
I picked up a book recently, titled Spectacles of Death in Ancient Rome,
Donald G. Kyle. Ok, granted he's a classicist from a Texas U. Since the
'80's the South has been the source of some very interesting research
which tries the address the issue of origins. Much of it is based on a
utilitarian pragmatism, and in an environment that is essentially
creationist no less. Some would even boldly call it materialistic.
When I see the scaffolding of dubious realities like the one that NG
try's to perpetrate, I find refuge in such reading.
   Slobodan Dimitrov