Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery Covers: On Topic!
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:28:16 -0500

Gee, wouldn't you know it but someone would address this issue
seriously =:O

I have slotted covers on 2 of my M6's, and they DO in fact wear, but
just little bright marks from ACTUALLY TURNING THEM WITH COINS! Note
these battery covers, which seem to be hard to come by, sometimes Leica
has them, sometimes not (they're actually manufactured for the earlier R
models), will not work on the new M7 which has a little bayonet-like
thingy. The cover looks the same from the front of the camera, but the
batteries go in vertically.

Gilbert, of the Battle-Scarred Battery Covers