Subject: [Leica] Re: Camera Shake
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:02:02 -0600

Michael:

>In trying to photograph my ACTIVE fourteen month old daughter, I'm
>losing a lot of well-composed pictures with great facial expressions to
>camera shake.

What shutter speeds are you using?

Down to a certain level, you can practice holding the camera still.  But for
an active kid, I don't think you'll have much luck at speeds longer than
1/60.

You have a few options of increasing your shutter speed.  Use a wider
aperture.  Carried to an extreme, this means your DOF becomes razor thin.
If she's active, your next problem after solving camera shake will be making
sure she's in focus within a very narrow DOF range.

So that really just leaves increasing the overall light or moving to a
faster film.

What film are you using?  And don't forget to upload some of your pictures
to share with us.  :)

Eric

Replies: Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Camera Shake)